Once I was a clever boy learning the arts of Oxford... is a quotation from the verses written by Bishop Richard Fleming (c.1385-1431) for his tomb in Lincoln Cathedral. Fleming, the founder of Lincoln College in Oxford, is the subject of my research for a D. Phil., and, like me, a son of the West Riding. I have remarked in the past that I have a deeply meaningful on-going relationship with a dead fifteenth century bishop... it was Fleming who, in effect, enabled me to come to Oxford and to learn its arts, and for that I am immensely grateful.


Friday 6 August 2010

Anglican Patrimony

Today's post from the New Liturgical Movement reproduces an article from The Anglo Catholic which deals with points I have commented on recently in Anglo-Papalist style and Michael Yelton books, that is the potential of the Ordinariates to realise the dream of Anglo-Papalists and effect reunion, and the amongst the central issues, that of liturgical life. The article, by Br Stephen Treat O.Cist., addresses the question as to what is the Anglican patrimony and how it relates to that of its elder sister, and is very well worth reading. It can be found here. I have inserted the link to The Anglo Catholic as that has more comments than the NLM version does at present.

No comments: