Once I was a clever boy learning the arts of Oxford... is a quotation from the verses written by Bishop Richard Fleming (c.1385-1431) for his tomb in Lincoln Cathedral. Fleming, the founder of Lincoln College in Oxford, is the subject of my research for a D. Phil., and, like me, a son of the West Riding. I have remarked in the past that I have a deeply meaningful on-going relationship with a dead fifteenth century bishop... it was Fleming who, in effect, enabled me to come to Oxford and to learn its arts, and for that I am immensely grateful.


Friday 3 September 2010

Iberian liturgical websites

Having found these Iberian sites on the New Liturgical Movement I thought I would add them to the list for future reference, either for myself or interested readers.

From Spain there is the blog Inter vestibulum et altare, which is linked to the forum Ceremonia y rubrica de la Iglesia espanola. That is concerned with the study of distinctively Spanish liturgical practices, customs and architecture. The NLM's intoduction to these sites is here.

From Portugal there are Missa Tridentana em Portugal and Christus Vinchit. The NLM has a post with some interesting comments about a piece on the latter about blending the Ordinary and Extraordinary Forms here.

They have some splendid illustrations, and even someone as limited as myself in command of other languages can follow the articles - or put it another way, it is a means of improving your Castilian or Portuguese whilst learning about the liturgy.

No comments: