Once I was a clever boy learning the arts of Oxford... is a quotation from the verses written by Bishop Richard Fleming (c.1385-1431) for his tomb in Lincoln Cathedral. Fleming, the founder of Lincoln College in Oxford, is the subject of my research for a D. Phil., and, like me, a son of the West Riding. I have remarked in the past that I have a deeply meaningful on-going relationship with a dead fifteenth century bishop... it was Fleming who, in effect, enabled me to come to Oxford and to learn its arts, and for that I am immensely grateful.


Thursday 24 March 2011

Usus antiquior at SS Gregory and Augustine


There will be a Missa Cantata celebrated for the Annunciation this Friday, March 25th, at 6 p.m. at SS Gregory and Augustine in Woodstock Road Oxford

In April there will be Low Masses in the usus antiquior at the church, all at 6 p.m., on the following days:

Friday April 1st - First Friday Devotion
Each Wednesday - April 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th
Thursday April 7th - First Thursday Devotion
Friday April 8th

Holy Week
Fig Monday April 18th
Holy Tuesday April 19th
Spy Wednesday April 20th

Easter Week
Easter Friday - April 29th


No comments: