Once I was a clever boy learning the arts of Oxford... is a quotation from the verses written by Bishop Richard Fleming (c.1385-1431) for his tomb in Lincoln Cathedral. Fleming, the founder of Lincoln College in Oxford, is the subject of my research for a D. Phil., and, like me, a son of the West Riding. I have remarked in the past that I have a deeply meaningful on-going relationship with a dead fifteenth century bishop... it was Fleming who, in effect, enabled me to come to Oxford and to learn its arts, and for that I am immensely grateful.


Thursday 7 April 2011

FSSP Mass in Amsterdam


A friend has sent me the link to a blog post on the Daily Telegraph website by the composer James MacMillan which may be of interest.

Mass at the Sint-Agneskirk

Mass at the Sint-Agneskerk


He recently attended an Extraordinary Form Mass at the FSSP church of Sint-Agneskerk in Amsterdam, and writes enthusiastically about the experience here. The FSSP community there has recently been given full recognition as a community by the diocesan Bishop. The development of the Fraternity foundation there has been covered by the New Liturgical Movement, and they have several posts about the church in their archives. This definitely looks to be the church to attend if one is in Amsterdam.

You can read James MacMillan's account here.

No comments: