Once I was a clever boy learning the arts of Oxford... is a quotation from the verses written by Bishop Richard Fleming (c.1385-1431) for his tomb in Lincoln Cathedral. Fleming, the founder of Lincoln College in Oxford, is the subject of my research for a D. Phil., and, like me, a son of the West Riding. I have remarked in the past that I have a deeply meaningful on-going relationship with a dead fifteenth century bishop... it was Fleming who, in effect, enabled me to come to Oxford and to learn its arts, and for that I am immensely grateful.


Thursday 24 November 2011

Oxford Pro-life witness - this Saturday



Oxford Pro-life witness - Saturday 26th November

3pm - 4pm

In reparation for abortion, and offering prayers for all unborn babies,
their mothers, fathers and families and all those involved in abortion,
especially the nursing staff of the John Radcliffe Hospital

Please meet outside the Church of St Anthony of Padua, Headley Way, Oxford.

We stand at the entrance to the John Radcliffe Hospital (Oxford's only abortion provider)

Refreshments available afterwards in the Church hall.

For more information contact:

Amanda Lewin- 01869 600638

No comments: