Once I was a clever boy learning the arts of Oxford... is a quotation from the verses written by Bishop Richard Fleming (c.1385-1431) for his tomb in Lincoln Cathedral. Fleming, the founder of Lincoln College in Oxford, is the subject of my research for a D. Phil., and, like me, a son of the West Riding. I have remarked in the past that I have a deeply meaningful on-going relationship with a dead fifteenth century bishop... it was Fleming who, in effect, enabled me to come to Oxford and to learn its arts, and for that I am immensely grateful.


Friday 7 November 2014

Traditional Pontifical High Mass for All Saints in Norwich


The New Liturgical Movement has an illustrated report of how last Saturday, the Feast of All Saints, Bishop Alan Hopes, Bishop of East Anglia, celebrated a traditional Pontifical High Mass at the Throne according to the Missal of St John XXIII in his cathedral of St John the Baptist in Norwich, the first in his cathedral by any diocesan since the introduction of the 1970 Missal. 

The report can be seen, with links to more photographs, at Pontifical High Mass for the Feast of All Saints at Norwich Cathedral


No comments: