Once I was a clever boy learning the arts of Oxford... is a quotation from the verses written by Bishop Richard Fleming (c.1385-1431) for his tomb in Lincoln Cathedral. Fleming, the founder of Lincoln College in Oxford, is the subject of my research for a D. Phil., and, like me, a son of the West Riding. I have remarked in the past that I have a deeply meaningful on-going relationship with a dead fifteenth century bishop... it was Fleming who, in effect, enabled me to come to Oxford and to learn its arts, and for that I am immensely grateful.


Wednesday 1 April 2015

King George III goes online


The BBC News website has a report about the launch of a project to make online access to over  350,000 papers from the Royal Archives from the reign of King George III. The article can be viewed at King George III's private papers to go online.

There is more about the scheme on the website of King's College London, who are partners with the Royal Archives in the plan, and which can be viewed at The Queen launches project to place King George III's private archive online 

No comments: