Once I was a clever boy learning the arts of Oxford... is a quotation from the verses written by Bishop Richard Fleming (c.1385-1431) for his tomb in Lincoln Cathedral. Fleming, the founder of Lincoln College in Oxford, is the subject of my research for a D. Phil., and, like me, a son of the West Riding. I have remarked in the past that I have a deeply meaningful on-going relationship with a dead fifteenth century bishop... it was Fleming who, in effect, enabled me to come to Oxford and to learn its arts, and for that I am immensely grateful.


Monday 27 April 2015

The House of Bourbon Two Sicilies


The Special Correspondent sent me the following link to the website of the Duke of Castro and his branch of the House of Bourbon Two Sicilies  - as opposed to that of the Duke of Calabria - and added that there are some rather good interactive stuff if you click on the shield on the website. The site itself is http://www.realcasadiborbone.it/en/history-documents/royal-symbols/royal-house-coat-of-arms/

For some background on the history of the monarchy see the online article Kingdom of the Two Sicilies, and on and more specifically on the disputed succession since 1900 look at the section

Heads of the Royal House of the Two Sicilies, 1861–present

I have added the website to to the sidebar as House of Bourbon Two Sicilies - Castro line.

File:Coat of arms of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies.svg

The Royal Arms of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies

Image: Wilkimedia Commons

No comments: