Once I was a clever boy learning the arts of Oxford... is a quotation from the verses written by Bishop Richard Fleming (c.1385-1431) for his tomb in Lincoln Cathedral. Fleming, the founder of Lincoln College in Oxford, is the subject of my research for a D. Phil., and, like me, a son of the West Riding. I have remarked in the past that I have a deeply meaningful on-going relationship with a dead fifteenth century bishop... it was Fleming who, in effect, enabled me to come to Oxford and to learn its arts, and for that I am immensely grateful.


Tuesday 13 October 2015

Forty Hours Exposition at the Oxford Oratory this weekend




FORTY HOURS OF DEVOTION TO THE BLESSED SACRAMENT
16-18 October 2015

 IMG_6714

Friday 16th 

6pm: Solemn Mass of Exposition

11pm: Compline (Sung by the Dominicans of Blackfriars) and Benediction

Followed by a vigil throughout the night

Saturday 17th 

5am: Sung Matins and Lauds

6am: Low Mass in the Extraordinary Form

10am: Low Mass

6:30pm: Mass for Peace (with hymns)

8pm: Lauda Sion by Felix Mendelssohn (1809-1847)

Sunday 18th 

12am: Reposition of the Blessed Sacrament

8am and 9.30 am Mass

11am: Solemn Mass of the Sacred Heart

Followed by Exposition throughout the day

5pm: Solemn Vespers, Procession and Benediction

 Text and image: Oxford Oratory

No comments: